Thread: TI click noises
View Single Post
Old 31.10.2005, 12:11 PM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

Default Re: TI click noises

Hi Marc,
Thanks for the reply, I really appreciate your helps so far. I feel much better now, since it does not seem like a hardware problem.

I really hope the click noise and other OS bugs will be fixed soon, I love the TI sound, when it works its a very nice piece of equipment.

Anyway, additional info on the Clicking problem -

- which mode a are you in (single/multi/sequencer)?
Normally I work with "Single Mode", and thats where I hear the clicks, heard them in "Multi Mode" too, when switching programs, havent tried "Sequencer Mode" yet.

- does USB needs to be connected in order to make it click?
I never used the USB connection since I got my TI last week. I get the same clicks from any of the 3 x 1/4 Outs and the headphone output as well. So at the moment, my TI desktop only has Headphone or 1 Stereo Output and Midi In (for keyboard) connected. My midi controller is quite simple, it ONLY sends midi note on/off messages, it does not send any program change or system messages.

I also get the clicks when I am using "Shift + Search / Audition" when the keyboard is not connected.

- do those clicks only happen when you play a sound?
Yes. when I just change the patches without pressing any notes on my keyboard I do not hear the clicks. When I am playing no matter via keyboard or the "Shift + Search / Audition" on TI, the clicks appear randomly only in the first 1 second when a patch is being selected.

- do those clicks happen, independently of the patch you're playing?
As I mentioned before, there is no particular "Problematic/Clicking" Patch, the clicks are totally Random, it could happen to any patches that is being switched to. But if I switch back to the same patch that I heard the last click from the click sound would disappear, but it will happen again to a totally random patch next time. (Could be 2 - 3 patches apart from the last "Click patch), or it could be more than 10 patches apart sometimes)

I also noticed that a very similar soft click noise can be heard when TI is booting up, I hear it when TI starts itself from the "Virus / TI" screen with the processing bar/line to the last patch you selected before turning off, there is a Click sound when all the lights are back on. You can also hear the same click when you put TI to "Sleep" Transpose+-