View Single Post
Old 03.09.2006, 09:31 PM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

Hi Madstation,
I quite like the sound of the Classic Verb. It's meant to be based on the Lexicon sound more than typical TC's, I think that's why they added the chorus type option. Can't fault it. I use it more so than the Mega verb to be honest, supposidly the classic verb takes more processing power to run even though it looks simpler on the face of it.

I'd say go for the MPX1 as it is good. The reverbs alone are really great but, the multi effect options really take it into other areas very well. Using large amounts of an effect doesn't wash out the sound or seem pasted over if you know what I mean. Huge verbs are superb & I did notice a huge difference when trying to get very small space/Ambience on percussion. The MPX definately shone in that situation & was actually quite surprised at how much difference. Just seemed more open & natural.

Using the Analog ins/outs, it is clean, although on some settings you can hear some artifacts with the converters. Mine is hooked up via the SPDIF & it as good as you'd want, pristine clean signal.

As an option against the Classic verb then yes it'd be worth purchasing if you're looking at hardware. Other than the MPX1 there is the TC M-One XL which has very good reviews & may be another option if you like TC verbs.