View Single Post
Old 17.05.2005, 12:52 AM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollowcell
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timo

Any idea which version user-importable/customisable wavetables will see the light of day?

Sorry, just kidding, back under my rock...
You still haven't got an answer for this yet Timo!?
Hi Steve. Further to this, I got a reply from Marc Schlaile, Access Support. Hope he doesn't mind me posting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Access Support
Thank you for your mail. You surely will understand that we cannot share the exact implementation of the TI's wavetable oscillators. One could say though that it is a mixture in between single-cycle PCMs and a more mathmatical approach.

As for importing your own waveforms, this will certainly not happen in 1.0 - i cannot promise you anything but of course we consider an import function since it has been request several time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T?mo
> Hi, I\'d like to know, if possible, how the wavetables are implemented in the Virus. Like,
> are they multi-sampled, single-cycle PCM waves? Or vectors, taken from a high-definiton
> \"fingerprint\" waveform which are programmed to be re-created at whatever pitch/note
> is pressed?
>
> And, of course, will we be able to import/customise our own wavetables?! That
> would be so powerful if it could. It\'d be awesome to have a graphical
> wavetable editor on the computer screen (such as the Z3ta+ VST-i) that you can
> manipulate and send to the Virus via the TI integration.
>
> Or maybe for a future operating system upgrade?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Tim Edwards
I guess the initial search is, therefore, off.