View Single Post
Old 03.06.2010, 08:03 PM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLie6 View Post
even if I try very small changes it either do nothing or makes it totally strange
It can definately be a bit of a rats maze. Many settings audibly do nothing if you've not switched various elements into the sound path.

Quote:
Additionally I thought that the max of Unison would always improve the sound. No it didn't (I used different detune).
Sometimes less is more. Adding more unison voices eats polyphony (the number of notes you can play at any one time). Sometimes it can sound good, other times less so, it wholly depends on the application. Same with unison detune. Using detune spread increases or decreases the stereo width of the unison effect.

Quote:
Also I thought OSC2 would improve the sound (same settings as OSC1). No it didn't.
Indeed, sometimes using just one oscillator instead of two (or three) neatens up a sound, giving it more clarity and less baggage.

Quote:
But I already learn a small bit: At LFO1 it is not necessary to use ASSIGN AMT when using one of the targets OSC1/2, PW1+2, ...

But I keep going ...
Yep. Definately keep going, tweaking and experimenting. I'm still learning new things and I've had my Virus for years!