View Single Post
Old 24.06.2004, 05:27 AM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

Cheers for the feedback.

Im glad you liked the guitar, as this is definately my favorite part of the track, especially at the end where it is by itself. It is almost haunting.

Drums (Motif) - I know the vinyl effect is rather cliche'....I was trying to dirty it up a bit using TC Works Sonic Destructer plug...... I'll look at it again, maybe make it not so present in the mix.

Piano (Motif) - Yeah, I know what you mean. I still havent played with the audio much, basically just recorded the MIDI and left it ie no compression etc

Bass (real) - I struggle sometimes to get a nice bass sound, this time it was D.I, then I put it through the behringer tube pre, then into my DBX compressor. I applied EQ at the pre amp stage aswell, to add a little more bottom end.

At the moment I am still finding my feet genre-wise, and have an assortment of different tracks, ranging from pop/rock to nu-skool breaks. I will post something new soon.....maybe a breaks track (cos I noticed you are kinda into that stuff). Thanks again for the constructive critiscism!

Cheers,

Jason

G5, Cubase SX, Reason 2.5, Acess Virus RackXL, Yamaha Motif Rack, Yamaha CS-10, Roland D-50, Korg X5D, Korg Electribe ER-1mkII, HALion VST Sampler, MOTU 2408mkIII, Studer 169, Roland JUNO 60