View Single Post
Old 22.10.2008, 07:14 PM
Aged Veteran
Aged Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollowcell View Post
Didn't want to start a new thread, but I wanted to chat about the filter bank. Hope that's cool Onkel.

Well.... Finally.... I am planning to sell the Virus to get a Sherman.
The day has finally come to get rid of the VC - I only use it as a filter box recently anyway.

So, how is the filter bank going Onkel, and is there anything I should know before getting one?
You have had yours for a while now, so I thought you'd be a good person to ask.
It´s quite a special filter. There´s nothing like it. I´m sure you will like it but it´s not a filter for everyone. If you like it dirty (and i know you do ) you will love the filterbank. No "clean" or "nice" filtering here. The input overdrives very easy in a very nasty way. It has very good modulation possibilities but mine is the old tabletop version and i have mounted it in my rack so it´s hard getting to the inputs and outputs on the back. Consider this when you choose if it will be the tabletop or rackmount edition (the rackmount has all the jacks on the front). I would love the love to have the rack version instead. Especially because there´s a very usefull input for triggering the envelope. If the sound level haven´t decayed to less than the trigger level before for the next note, the envelope will think that you didn´t trigger a new note. This can be a pain but can be worked around with the ADSR trigger input or by triggering it by MIDI. Another great thing: On most filter you are forced to choose from LP, BP or HP but not on the filterbank. You can have anything in between. Swithing between serial and parrallel is the same; anything goes. One smaller anoying thing is that only some of the parameters are controlable via MIDI...

Tip: Try running drumloops through it and tweak away

http://www.myspace.com/onkeldunkeldk