Thread: Yamaha FS1r
View Single Post
Old 25.08.2007, 10:41 AM
Am starting to like this forum

Thats the one! That and the FSEQ editor where you can load in WAVs and extract the formants and upload them into the user sequences. Pretty fucking trippy.

I plan on taking the FS1R to work on my new track/remix very soon, maybe even tomorrow.

Right now I'm just using the Andromeda for the main pizzicato style synth, and the Yamaha SY85 (GREAT SYNTH) for bass and an additional synth line underneath the Andy. (I fucking LOVE the SY85 effects ...OMG...)

Still needs A FUCKING BUTTLOAD of work but I have a little patch test right now. I am going to work on the drums a lot more tomorrow. Just whipped up something really quick this evening to see how shit is fitting before I get too far into this thing. ...lol Not -too- bad for 2 evenings of work from scratch though. I especially like the phaser-y synth part from the SY85.

http://solar-sound.com/temp/godspeed4.mp3

More to come later Some of this shit may change drastically.. This is basically like my first real attempt at a track from complete scratch, so I am still a super-noob. lol Just transcribed the notes by ear off of a record I have and started putting stuff down in Sonar and noodling around (while majorly drunk of course. that always helps. haha)
Synths can be like women. After the initial few months of intense love-making, things become routine, banal. Once the deepest recesses have been probed, new specimens begin to attract the eye, bursting with promise of unique treasures to uncover. --Doof
__
Alesis Andromeda A6, Roland SH-101, Roland Juno-60, Yamaha FS1R, Yamaha SY85, Alesis Micron, Kurzweil K2000VP, Roland GR700+G707

Last edited by Keith Phillips : 25.08.2007 at 10:43 AM.