View Single Post
Old 25.03.2006, 02:38 PM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

Default Re: I need an honest opinion about the TI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Cunnah
Hello community

Its been some time since I last logged in. Ive been on the fence regarding the TI and I need some opinions now. Please take 1 min to read this

The TI had a delayed launch or what 8 or 9 months? During this time Accesss where having some software related issues with the OS running stable? Ok, so the TI has been available to buy in shops for about 6 months now.

What is the likelihood of Access getting a stable OS up and running given that they've already had about 18 months (more if you include the R&D leading upto the TI's conception). I want a TI but there is no way I can accommodate the current work arounds (ie. just reinstall everything on your computer and see if that works). I produce music for a living, it would take me 2 weeks to reinstall all the packages I run and I cant take the risk of introducing system instability to accomodate just one piece of equipment

I suppose like others, I have been waiting for OS1.1. to surface. I am a little worried however that the TI may never be fully operational. I cant see TI2's selling well unless TI is 100% perfect. Is OS1.1. supported by Pro-Tools?

Peter
Again, the problems that people are having aren't necessarily the fault of the TI. Different systems (computers, OS, applications, etc.) creates a magnitude of different scenarios, which obviously is impossible to predict (even for a company, take a look at Microsoft). As long as people are communicating their problems to Access, of course they will either solve particular issues or state that certain combinations or devices are not supported. This is not unfair in any way, since they do not control the systems, nor does ANYONE have the capability of testing all systems before launch of products. Hence there are going to be some unfortunate people out there that are going to get "screwed" (if you will), but again, that goes for ANY product combo out there.

As a matter of fact; a good example is my Novation SuperNova 2 ProX (rack) that has a (part of the reason I got it) an option slot in the back for digital out (S/PDIF) which I intended to install. The hardware option never even got into production. THAT sucks.

Access-Music will take care of business. Some will enjoy it (like me), others will have to find alternate sound sources, if their systems aren't compatible (or switch systems if they are adamant about the TI). That's life. You're in it!