View Single Post
Old 06.12.2013, 02:34 PM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luddite View Post
Many thanks again for the reply. Yes, what you say is all sensible. I am not sure though that I want to be using more midi controllers as there are a lot of functions to assign even if I just do the essentials. I hear what you are saying about live editing being risky but I find Snow quite straight forward. I've never "lost" a sound or anything whilst making changes. It all adds to fun anyway.
Imagine though even if you only wanted to do live edits with the so-called soft knobs, you still have the same problem in TI mode. Namely that we need to go back into the VST before we can make edits on the device itself. Not good in a live situation.
Will look forward to your update to see how things go. I quoted the above because I wanted to point out that I think we're on the same page in the sense that editing on the instrument itself is always going to be fairly fool proof and reliable (that was what I meant when I said I think the only way you would achieve same reliability/ease is to have multiple hardware instruments in a live environment). Unless the instrument itself gives you an easy way to navigate between currently loaded singles that constitute a multi, I think there's probably an alternative solution (perhaps even what I suggested), but it's going to come with some tradeoffs that will be less than solid compared to what you're doing with a single active patch now.

Do let us know! Best of luck.