View Single Post
Old 26.10.2008, 01:21 AM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Fantastic control rooms F5D and Khazul! Darn nice bits of gear in there.

Like the lighting Khazul, the RGB colour wash is new, where's that coming from?

Will take a pic of my set up soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F5D
Yes. The Blofeld is very nice and gives you almost all of waldorf's digital synthesis but somehow I still prefer the sound of XT. It has a more powerful, "older" sound.
Anything to do with the D/A converters? Maybe running the Blofeld through a bit-crusher might dirty it up like the XTs. Not sure what bit-rate they originally used.

I used to like the slightly overdriven 'power' of my Trinity's Moss in certain circumstances, and wondered why the Virus lacked that certain je ne sais quois when replicating the patches on there, and I eventually found I was actually (digitally) clipping the Moss slightly inside the synth - except it was later masked by the internal processing effects further on in the chain - but it was that process that gave it the perceived oomph in that case. I then started using the digital clipping in the saturation stage on the Virus for a similar effect. Who'd have thought it, digital clipping being sought after!