Thread: Anyone there?
View Single Post
Old 27.04.2012, 08:41 AM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Currently in hospital with tubes up my knob for the last two weeks. Got Virus withdrawal. Love my little Indigo.

Whenever the next gen Virus has designable/customisable waveform oscillators I'll try my very best to upgrade. The price of Viruses these days are exorbitant. I remember when the Indigo 2 was £1169, its current successor the TI2 Polar is well over £1800, and nearly £2000 from Access directly.

A ribbon for tactile modulation would be a bonus. I think Access have sat on their arse a bit when it comes to controllers. Synthesis is all about performance modulation, it's only a good thing when several unique tactile controls to offer better live performances are included. XY Joystick, XY pad etc. You can achieve unique performance possibilities with a ribbon/xy-pad that you could never do with a knob or wheel: tapping, gating, scratching, vector-based swipes, controlling two mod sources (axes) at the same time, having greater tactile dynamic control over creating smooth curves, etc.. all with just one finger.

I still can't get used to vertical pitch bend wheels. Korg's XY joystick for example is a boon in this aspect, you can go mental with it (licking left and right for pitch, and up or down for using as two separate modulation sources respectively), as well as being able to use the XZ pressure ribbon, along with two further customisable switches, all easily at the same time with one hand.

Good to see you again Tomer and Digi!