View Single Post
Old 22.05.2014, 11:29 AM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by grs View Post
I dont believe the is such a thing as real-time exporting. (edit, ok cubase has it but still I wouldn't count on it.)

The Virus TI is not designed for any Render/Export kind of thing. You might be able to press the button on your DAW and get a file but the TI will just give you all sorts of drama. In a fresh install of your Virus TI a dialog appears when you try to off-line Render/Export/Mixdown etc. saying something like "hey buddy! cant do that. sorry".
In cubase the op needs a vst plugin that captures the stream to a file. or set an audio track to record the master buss and capture/record in real-time..
Real-time exporting would put the Virus in the same situation that he is having positive results with now (well, the closest possible situation without the extra safety net of capturing the audio output before hand). In theory, it should not put any greater demand on the DSP of any single instrument than simply allowing the track to play in its entirety. There could still be some hiccups, but at least it might identify the culprit of the voice stealing. Between what Tweak said and what I think you're saying here, I'm getting the impression the Virus doesn't support even this? That would be too bad, I can do it with pretty much any other synth (the only two HW synths I have to date are the Ultranova and Leipzig but it would work with either or both at same time). It should be doable with the Virus by just unplugging the USB and using regular audio outs if not any other way.