Thread: Live setup
View Single Post
Old 03.09.2004, 09:14 PM
Am starting to like this forum

Send a message via MSN to AjmaGard
Default Live setup

Ok, I'm buying some new equipment for doing liveset (but also for recording too).

I have:
Indigo 2
Yamaha Rm1x sequencer.

Now, this is sufficient for me to play live, but I have the Rm1x going through the Indigo since I don't have a mixer yet. This is not the best thing, but i works. I'm getting a mixer next month (if I can find a good second hand unit).

Now, since I'm doing psychedellic trance with pumping Kick and basslines, I'll be getting a compressor too. I will not be using software since my labtop sucks and I really don't want to use software for playing live at all.

I had in mind that I would get a 2 channel compressor like the Behringer MDX2100 and send Kick and Bass from seperate outs on the Indigo to it and further to the mixer (or from the mixer to the compressor?). Should kick and bass be send from different outs or can I use the same with the same result?

Also, would I benefit from adding another compressor between the mixer and the PA (or computer if recording)? Or should I rather put it between the Rm1x and the mixer, since percussion is done from the Rm1x?

Any ideas about this?