View Single Post
Old 06.02.2014, 04:32 AM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berni View Post
There's not much to figure out...tech house is house music without any soul or character & minimal is the most basic shit that is still classed as music. If you can program a simple 4/4 pattern you can make either, there's really not much more to it
Hehe.... Berni you've got "industry goggles" on when you start thinking that 4/4 no longer works... although I can understand it if you're involved in music as a profession, I do the same thing with software development. Some concepts that are insanely repetitive to a developer will recur constantly and make you crazy and full of disdain if you let it get that bad.... i.e. "If I run into one more cunt that doesn't understand the Euclidian disparity between a simple O(N log N) and O(n^2), I'm going to put my boot on their throat and hold it until their squawking appeases my disagreement"

Seriously though, I still listen to a lot of old school trance, and while the beats are simple, some of it can be incredibly beautiful if listened to on a system that does the original mix justice. Admittedly a beautiful female voice can add a lot.

When I was young I used to make fun of 70's disco. Now I make fun of those who try to emulate it, and fail simply because they can't put their mind where it needs to be to do it right.