View Single Post
Old 06.12.2009, 04:10 PM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

Default Very silly questions...hardware, midi and cubase...complete novice

hi guys im thinking of buying some hardware..based on costs ect i think i may be looking at a virus b/c..

ive searched and searched but i cant seem to find the answer to this very easy question...

I have to say so far ive been 100% soft synth via a usb keyboard... but i like the idea of hands on hardware, ive never ventured into this area as to be honest as i dont reallly understand how it all works.....and nobody i know has hardware my mate has a ti, but that just works like a vst to be fair and is so easy to use..

But i want good old fashiond hardware because i love the sound and its within my very low budget..

sorry to sound stupid but im a bit confused on how this midi thing all works..because im just used to loading up a vst/softsynth via cubase and just going for it..

can someone explain how it all works with hardware via cubase... what i need to get and extra software if required.. ?

If you dont update via usb... how do you update it via midi ..?

sorry to sound like a doughnut ...but if i dont ask the question....im never going to know...lol

go easy on me guys ....and please talk to me in "The cat sat on the mat style" anything too complicated may confuse me lol ....