View Single Post
Old 27.01.2013, 01:42 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Yeah, but that's why I say that they should bring something new to the game. It doesn't have to be a Virus plug-in, as that would certainly be cracked and become the most used thing ever, and kill thelm at the same time, but something else. That's why I pointed the digital modular market, as I think Access could probably make a dream product on that department... Could even be hardware, like the G2, but should never (my opinion of course) be in the same price range as the virus... That would perhaps bring some more cash in, and allow them to develop other stuff... I absolutely agree with you, when you say that they should focus on developing new features, that's really what they're good at, I mean we both own the virus c (you have an indigo 2, right?) and we're here on this forum, that means a lot... The flexibility and options on the virus used to be it's main bonus... Plug-ins have come a long way, for sure, but I think they'd trade everything to get such a lush sounding filters as we have on the virus, to name just one of it's features that's killer... And that's why it continues to sell, it still sounds amazing, best sounding digital synth out there, in my opinion.

I think the Prophet is cool, but a multi-mode filter would be usefull. I personally like the Poly Evolver more, being a hybrid and all, could defenitely find a place for a MEK (even though it's a bit expensive, on ebay..)... But, to finish, I think they would really shine with another product, either software or hardware, or maybe a combination of both, like Maschine, priced lower then the virus and take it from there...