View Single Post
Old 04.05.2015, 11:26 PM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berni View Post
Well I've only had it for a couple of weeks but I think it's a bit of a game changer for me. This thing is in a totally different class to the Mk1, the screens are amazing & give you a lot more visual feedback than the old ones. I also love the touch sensitive knobs which also give you a lot of feedback on different parameters. The jog wheel is an excelent addition as is the volume knob which can be used to control just about any level. The tight integration with Komplete is even better now also. I honestly dont think I'll be using Live much anymore as I'm really enjoying the total hands on factor this Maschine gives you. Really happy with this thing & at half the price it was a steal.
All very useful if you want to use it as your centerpiece DAW, for which it is quite capable of being. But to me, it is a drum machine, sampler, and "backbone groove" sequencer -- sort of a replacement for the old Akai units (but of course it does more). I'm very keyboard/synth/PC composition process-centric in my workflow, so Maschine needs to be out of my way (it sits to my right, on a drum stand, where I can reach it easily when doing one of the three activities above, but then I want it out of my way. I need to be able to open and do lots of work with the editors for each non-Native Instruments plug-in. And, apparently Maschine software is not multi-threaded, because it's a bad CPU hog (as is a lot of the Native Instruments stuff). This isn't much of a problem if you work with a lot of samples and grooves, but for me that means I'm creating and editing stuff in Maschine then dragging it over into Cubase as audio clips.

It just depends on your workflow I guess.