Thread: TI Order Poll
View Single Post
Old 08.04.2005, 05:41 PM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

I have a preorder I'm not cancelling. I was all but done with hardware synths until the TI popped up, offering me exactly what I want -- essentially just plugin DSP power for my computer. Unlike I guess most of you here, I'm not as sensitive to the nuances of modern VAs, frankly they pretty much all sound good enough for me. The TI sold me on features, not sound -- integration, polyphony, and complete FX per channel because I'm sick of hassling with routing channels to FX busses in synths.

I know the XStations offer fairly tight integration but it doesn't look like it's done as well, streaming in as ASIO. The VSynth OS 2.0 is close, also, but I don't buy keyboards and I'm not shelling out $2200 for the rack (I got my TI desktop for $1600).

If someone would have released a similar synth at Messe I would probably have cancelled, but to my amazement the only other thing with a VST interface I've seen is the Lexicon MX200. I really would have thought some other manufacturer would have at least ANNOUNCED something like this, even if they hadn't actually started designing it. The Roland Fantom line strikes me as an obvious candidate, it's already got the USB port, just do something useful with it.

Anyway, the wait is unfortunate but I'm not crippled without it so for me it's no big deal.