View Single Post
Old 17.02.2011, 09:23 PM
Pro
Pro

maybe check out sonicacademy.com - it could provide you with a lot of tidbits of knowledge and help fill in some missing gaps in your knowledge. I've got a subscription but still havent got into it too deeply, but theres plenty you can pick up, and it goes from start to finish for a variety of genres.

i'm doing some private one on one lessons at the moment with a producer in perth called Qbik, and it is really helping to be able to sit down, watch what they do, and be able to ask immediately - why? As well as working on your songs together and being able to discuss why elements are working, what you are doing incorrectly, and how to make life easier in your DAW so you can write faster and get your ideas out.

If you can find a one on one tutor you get along with and value their musical and techincal expertise, I would highly recommend it. By the time you do a course online, you could spend a comparable amount, and due to course structures and requirements as well as the delivery method, you may end up with as many questions unanswered and the same gaps in your knowledge.

feedingear (experimental, video and film game scoring, dance, artist interviews) www.soundcloud.com/feedingear

Soundfield Studio (recording, mixing, mastering)
http://www.soundfieldstudio.com/