View Single Post
Old 17.02.2011, 09:01 PM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

Default Where can I learn how to make my music sound professional?

So I have been making music for a few years now, and while my skills improve all the time, when I listen to pro quality material and read about some of the techniques and processes involved in making high quality audio I can see that there is still a long way to go.

I feel like I'm probably not the only person who has felt a little overwhelmed at times with the seemingly infinite amount of knowledge and skill it takes to create music using DAWs, synths, compressors, EQs, limiters, nuts, bolts, etc... I have become comfortable using individual components such as these; tying it all together neatly is where I think I am still lacking.

With forums like these there is a wealth of information readily available for anyone, but being a musician as well as a producer, I know that I wouldn't have learned how to play piano without someone to work with one on one. Does anyone know of any schools or even private studios that offer comprehensive courses in music production? Has anyone here done anything like that?

I have a friend who went to full sail to learn Logic and really enjoyed it. Has anyone here gone to full sail for music production?

Thanks!!