View Single Post
Old 04.03.2010, 04:25 PM
New here
New here

Default Please help me understand...

Well....I have my TI Snow up and running and am blown away by how good it sounds. I am now extremely sure that I made the right choice in getting a Virus!

So I read threads on this forum for hours last night, and I think I understand, but I need confirmation...because the Manuals and Tutorials are just not totally clear....

Regarding Multi mode on the Snow....I understand that this is where you can split and layer patches.....and this Mode is only available in stand alone mode, not in the VC plugin.....is this correct? So I cannot select from the browser in the VC plugin any of the Multi's that I have onboard the Snow and play them? I can only use those Multi's in standalone mode? I think this is the case from what I have read.

So this being the case.....I use sequencer mode while in VC (the default mode)....but the 4 parts (its a Snow!) are defaulted to midi channels 1 - 4? I cannot set parts 2, 3, or 4 to midi channel 1? What I would prefer to do is to set each of the 4 parts to the same midi channel so that I can easily layer sounds and have them play back through one real time performance on the keyboard. Can this be done?

I understand that I can set up multiple tracks in my sequencer host to address the 4 parts in VC on 4 different midi channels....this is well suited for sequencing different parts.....but for real time layering? What is a good set up or workflow for this?

I know I have seen quite a few posts on this general topic, so it must get frustrating for the regulars here to keep seeing the same relative question......but I read most all of those posts yesterday and it just didn't square up answer the question for me......Can't I layer two patches on two parts for a real time performance thru one midi channel with the VC plugin? I clearly see how to do it in standalone mode with Multi mode......but having the 4 parts locked to midi channels 1 - 4 in VC mode seems odd to me. Is this right? We can't change the midi channel of a part?

Apologize for any redundancy.....Thanks for any feedback!

Ron