View Single Post
Old 10.09.2009, 06:35 PM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Modulate 'Osc1' and/or 'Osc2' destinations via LFO1. (Keep intensity low and understated, otherwise the pitch modulation is too much).

Or modulate 'Assign' [with destination = 'Osc2Detune' or 'Osc3Detune'] via LFO1. (More subtle than using 'Osc1' or 'Osc2' destinations).

Choose LFO rate/speed to taste (slow and understated is best). Try using a polyphonic sample+hold or sample+glide waveform for the LFO, so that the pitch modulation differs with each key press.

I prefer to set the LFO1 to modulate 'Osc1' by a negative value (say -6) and 'Osc2' by a positive value (+6).

You can do all of this from within the LFO menus themselves (modulate 'Osc1', 'Osc2' and 'Osc 2/3 Detune' [via 'Assign'] all together) if you wish to keep the main modulation matrix sources/destinations completely free for other duties.

Make sure that the 'PhaseInit' setting from within the oscillator settings is switched Off.

Bear in mind that PureTuning already does this analogue-like detuning to a degree. - The last time I measured it I found that the fully 'Tempered' setting gave a random 4-cent deviation on each note every time you pressed a key.

Last edited by Timo : 10.09.2009 at 07:01 PM. Reason: i edit far too much