View Single Post
Old 28.06.2010, 03:30 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Default Some newbie Virus questions

Hi There,

I have a few questions about Access Virus that I wonder if anyone might be able to answer please? I am considering a 'Snow' and wondering if it might be powerful enough for me, I am not a heavy user, basically I want to get access to a big library of Virus preset sounds, use a few at a time in Logic and do some minor knob tweaking like cutoff and resonance. I am not really a synth expert so I am having trouble understand the difference between the definition of their terms 'voices', 'patches' and how this relates to the amount of library sounds I will have available to me.

The TI2 desktop has a lot more memory and I am wondering if this relates in real world use to the amount of Presets the Snow will offer Vs The TI2 or if it relates to the polyphony and the amount of things you can do at once. I am not going to be making hugely layered or polyphonic sounds, I just want a big selection of Virus sounds, do do some minor tweaking and to be able to run a few or more at a time within Logic without running out of resources? Do you think the Snow will suit me OK or am I going to run into problems and need the TI?

Many Thanks!

Simon