View Single Post
Old 23.04.2005, 10:04 PM

Send a message via AIM to BlakeLight

ah, k.... just wondering... cause I'm really not much of a studio person per se, I prefer to improvise everything directly via my setup... I wouldnt mind using plugins and such... but I have yet to figure out a way to incorporate a live Virus KC through a LapTop that will be able to act as an effect while also being playable in a live situation, like performing a song.... I prefer to have complete control over everything Im doing, rather than sequencing it (save for triggering drum sequences)... it doesnt strike me like there are many of those types of players out there...

Cause I dont really use my Virus for techno or anything like that... I approach it like an electric guitarist does his instrument, except I use it like a massive tone generating machine... much more powerful than an electric guitar can ever be... I prefer to program goth bassy sounds that, when filtered right, turn into leads in the higher registers, but also have the clarity to be used as good rhythmic devices when layered with delays.

What instruments do you guys have performance chops on? Im a guitarist / pianist in training... but I love whack sounds... hence how I ended up coming to my beloved KC.