View Single Post
Old 15.02.2006, 04:41 PM
New here
New here

Send a message via MSN to rhys

yeah i can see where your coming from,sometimes it just takes some judgement by someone else to open your eyes to things, i know exactly what you mean about the saw/phaser pad and to be honest in retrospect i dont think it suites the track maybe i could open up the envelope a bit more and give a dash more verb like you said or perhaps ditch it completly.as for the thin sounding pad i do recall having an eq issue with that one which is probably why it sounds thin,maybe i over cut it and maybe i could tone down the rezy sweep and make some room for perhaps anouther layer? just for the record the saw pad is the es2 and the thin one is the virus.

as for the things you liked well the kick is two kicks crossfaded,the attack comes from a hard house track,just your typical hard house kick and its cross faded into the thump of a good old 909,then compressed with a little bit of attack and boosted a tiny bit in the upper regions to make it cut through a tad.

the snare i think again is the begining of a snare from a sample pack for the attack and then ive crossed into some white noise,then for the slap back sound i made a copy and reversed it ,cut out the attack section and added some short reverb .i found it cuts the mix better this way rather than using delay,because this is done on a seperate track and i can eq to taste.

the bass is your simple rolling bassline ducking very slightly from the kick to give it the correct groove and has two layers,the low layer is the v station and the top layer i think is a jp 8080 multi sample from the factory exs24 library.

www.soundclick.com/rhysgriffiths

www.myspace.com/15812572