View Single Post
Old 11.03.2010, 12:02 AM
Pro
Pro

Does make me wonder why people buy patches, what if an original commercial patch was leant to someone and they changed it, tweaked it and never used the original. Would that be allowed/? and who would know where your patch derived from!
In short if someone was to, for arguement sake, purchase a pack, tweak it and redistribute it as there own where would the legalities fade and the legitamacy kick in!?!??! If i sample someone elses Steinway piano and am allowed to play that commercially or in public with no reprecussions, but take someone else playing a steinway in a tune would infringe copyright.

Overall i can see that people have a natural flare for replicating or creating patches to sell, some people have made a name for themselves doing this.
I agree with shortbus as someone else patch can prove influential in a song or the foundation for a new patch.
However I am also in the same mind as Bernie. Why use someone elses patch unless you want to sound or replicate someone else 'sound'.

What I am saying is a patch is not a sample and if sold, copied or leant it is totally uneforceable if not hyperthetical!!!

UNDERSTAND ME?

My noodles, nothing spicy...
https://soundcloud.com/mystafx