View Single Post
Old 16.07.2014, 08:56 PM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

There is an interesting Youtube video I saw showing how closely the Spire filter imitated the Virus.

But as far as the Dune2 limitations, when you looked at the demo were you able to see not only the filters in the initial list, but the filter + effect combinations, plus the fact that each of those settings as well as each envelope apply *per voice* to a sound? That's an awful lot of filter flexibility. I'm not sure how much of that is crippled in the demo, I do know that the demo patches they released do not quite showcase it well enough (at least if its the same as when I looked at the demo).

Maybe if you elaborate on what you mean by sounds and filters being better on Spire I might be able to shed light on the Dune 2 angle. I don't have Spire yet, so I am limited at looking at the manual there. Dune 2 seems to be overtaking Spire in the KVR rankings, but then again Spire has been out longer so to some extent those rankings might reflect whatever buzz there is around the latest and greatest release.