View Single Post
Old 13.07.2014, 03:36 PM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berni View Post
Also who the fuck said the pistols where influenced in any way by the ramones???? Obviously people who have cabbage's for ears. Not only do they not sound anything like them but Lydon would probably spit in your face for suggesting such a thing. OK rant over...I feel better now
Well I can't speak for others or for the Sex Pistols, I just said a lot of bands have cited them as an influence. All the heroin in the world couldn't muster the balls in Lydon's scrawny body to spit in my face, and if he did solid food would no longer be an option for him going forward Not that it would damage his singing ability mind you, because he never had that to begin with. lol

I will say though, when I hear a song like "I Wanna Be Sedated", I can see the impact that the Ramones had on a lot of skater-rock type bands. It's a lot harder for me to say the same about the Sex Pistols, but then again I was never a huge fan of punk. Maybe bands like "X" remind me of the Sex Pistols more than the Ramones just because of out of tune singing.