View Single Post
Old 15.10.2012, 12:36 PM
Pro
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TweakHead View Post
that's a very interesting read! I'm curious to listen to your music efforts and even read your writtings... Please keep us posted here.

With music, I'm sort of taking the inverse route: I started experimenting with software synths, only latter got a virus and would like to get myself a real analogue some day - and would definitely like to get my hands on some of the classics like the MS 20...

Best reggards
Thanks! Would you also happen to be the same Tweakhead that has various "How To's..." posted on web in another forum? I ask because if so, I made MS Word Doc's of ALOT of the wealth of info about MIDI, studio construct, etc.--and thanks! If not same person as name implies, my bad!
Have not set-up a SoundCloud or otherwise as am still configuring everything and learning menu/technicalities of my hardware, not to forget learning DAW Reaper, of which purchased great DVD tutorial from groove3 by Kenny Gioia. Then, just as life experiences influenced visual artwork in past, the same will be true in my goal of expressing the many facets of military PTSD in an audio genre.
Although I have a publisher interest in rough draft of book, which is by far incomplete; due to my level of clearance whilst in military, The Pentagon may be the impass to actually ever publishing due to a non-disclosure agreement that I really do not remember ever signing !! In any case, just the writing process is therpeutic in it's own and am the eternal optimist.
I wish I had held onto that MS-20 but it served it's purpose in teaching in-depth synthesis. It's now learning all the ways to modulate this with that, et al that the Virus's and other's in studio possess as well as mastering midi deeper. I record primarily audio and use midi for example in a linked channel on an audio track to have that midi only track make altered states in that sound. Peace!

Last edited by namnibor : 16.10.2012 at 06:28 AM.