View Single Post
Old 19.07.2009, 05:54 PM
New here
New here

Smile

I would agree with goldenanalogue; first, it definitely sounds like it might be worth the trouble to look into whether there's a hardware defect that's a factor.

If that's too much to contemplate (I can understand this! Shipping around keyboards these days is pretty risky, unless you drive it there yourself), then I really do think the whole USB connection is an area you should investigate more thoroughly.

I've been reading around online and I'd never heard until recently that USB can have real problems with noise, especially if there are any grounding (or worse, ground loop) issues with your computer. It's entirely possible that there's something like that going on with your Virus/PC USB connection.

I would try updating it with a different computer, try a variety of options -- a laptop, a Mac, whatever -- borrow if you have to -- to see whether it makes any difference. Or first, take _everything_ off your USB connections and only connect the Virus and try going that way.

Just trying to help! I had problems with one version of the TI OS update, back around the 2.x time frame, and Access proved very helpful. Like many boutique synth companies (Clavia, Waldorf), they're small, so patience and good cheer is required in communication (hey, this is even true with big companies! <g>). Just hang in there and eventually you'll find a solution, one way or another.