View Single Post
Old 06.04.2009, 11:39 AM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

it sounds as if it hasnt fully updated the virus firmware. i had a similar problem. the installer needs to be extracted to the hard disk then run, mine stalled too at two-thirds through as i was trying to run the installer from winrar but it went ok when run after extracted and run from the disk. at 66% it starts the actual update on the virus unit so i guess it need to be fully extracted to do that.

if you get a successful complete update on the virus and still get the device not recognised message that might be a different matter.
the device unrecognised thing ive also experienced where the drivers are not found and solved by either unplugging the virus power socket then plugging back in and restarting the virus or if that doesnt work and the device is still unrecognised i reinstalled the firmware and drivers by unpluging power then restarting whilst holding down the exit button to get it in to update mode (otherwise the installer cant be run for it whilst unrecognised) and the installer can then be run for the virus. another thread about that at http://www.infekted.org/virus/showth...434#post286434

Last edited by 00264167 : 06.04.2009 at 11:57 AM.