View Single Post
Old 01.11.2004, 10:02 AM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juho L
Sounds ok. Maybe a bit too much reverb though (this was an accident, I should have had to make a dedicated reverb send group tracks)
This was going to be my first criticism....

Quote:
The main differences to Jasedees mix are distorted bass to bring it up a bit and give clarity (also EQ'ed the upper middle to boost the "trigger" sounds) and I widened vocals and guitars with slight 100% wet chorus on the opposite channel. I tried to boost that snap of the kick with an EQ but is ended up sounding a bit silly
Bass sounds good! I like it the most out of all the parts. Kick does sound a little silly, but was recorded badly and needs alot of work. I think you could do much much better if you spent a little more time with this track. You have only had the audio parts for a short amount of time. It took me about 5 full days spaced over a month!!!!!! and still I am not quite satisfied

Quote:
Is this band unsigned?
As far as I know they are an unsigned sydney band.....But I agree, they are very good, and they were an absolute pleasure to record. Very professional and commited....no bullshit!

I'd like to see something better Juho, If I were to be honest with you. I think you are capable of much more.

G5, Cubase SX, Reason 2.5, Acess Virus RackXL, Yamaha Motif Rack, Yamaha CS-10, Roland D-50, Korg X5D, Korg Electribe ER-1mkII, HALion VST Sampler, MOTU 2408mkIII, Studer 169, Roland JUNO 60