View Single Post
Old 08.10.2004, 08:29 AM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

I definately agree with the drums.....I was experimenting with some sounds I heard from the "Queens of the Stoneage" album, where it is mainly kick/snare and VERY dry.....but maybe doesnt suit the song.

Guitars: A source of frustration for me, as I dont think we tracked a 'nice' guitar sound. There are 2 different tones here, one is darker, and panned mainly in the left channel, the other is 'brighter' and panned mostly in the right channel. Also, after doing some "comparison" listening to other songs of similar style, I have to agree with the guitars being too low in the mix. This is guitar music, and they are not present enough.

Bass: I agree, needs a bit of distortion to fill in those low's, where the distorted guitars dont reach.

Vocals: I actually cut out some of the vocal doubling/harmonies during the verse's....maybe I need to cut out more, and then bring them in hard during the chorus. I will experiment with panning.....

Cheers for the feedback, especially Juho, for NOT holding back! This is what I need, constructive (Harsh) criticism.....

Thanks again!

G5, Cubase SX, Reason 2.5, Acess Virus RackXL, Yamaha Motif Rack, Yamaha CS-10, Roland D-50, Korg X5D, Korg Electribe ER-1mkII, HALion VST Sampler, MOTU 2408mkIII, Studer 169, Roland JUNO 60