View Single Post
Old 08.12.2006, 11:06 AM
Pro
Pro

Thanks for you comments Khazul!

In fact the track has quite alot distortion already so most of the distortion which you hear doesn't come from the charisma. Sorry that I don't have the non-charisma version available this time that you could compare. I ran the track into charisma at so low level that it didn't saturate it audibly. The difference is very small but I kinda like what the charisma did to it. Anyway, this track is now about 1.5 years old so I have decided not to do anything more with it and have already started to produce new music. In fact I cannot even load the song project in logic anymore because I sold 1 of my powercore pci mk2 cards so it cannot load all the plugins. I work more with uad1 plugins now.

But I agree that charisma can be a better tool when used for separate tracks and not (just) for the whole mix but if you run it with low drive setting, it doesn't saturate the signal much and it's more like a tape saturation. But I understand that you may get a little wrong impression after hearing this because I have used many sounds with distortion and I really would like to change the 1st lead sound but I guess I let it be like it is and do some new music instead.

Anyway, thanks for you comments...