View Single Post
Old 23.05.2009, 09:01 AM
Infektion taking hold...

Send a message via Skype™ to flipside

I'll do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanNaumov View Post
Secondly what's wrong with offering cash to someone with more experience than myself for an exchange of a great patch that will get used alot? There isn't many people that actually have a go at recreating some of the sounds that get requested so i decided to offer an incentive. What's the big deal?
There is no big deal, it's a fair request.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timo View Post
[...]Either way, if people are respectful in asking for patches, regardless of whether they were asking a favour for free or even for purchasing, and regardless of how new they are, then I don't have a problem with it.
Exactly! Even though the "normal" practice around here is patch trading for free, I don't find a request like that offensive. Hello, it's the way it works, isn't it? You get paid to do a job?

Please, do not take this as boasting or anything like that, but as I said earlier, it's not an unusual process in the part of the music business I've dealt with. I've made deals on a per-patch basis, where I get paid after doing say 10 patches. These are deals that have come together outside of any forums, but in lack of knowing someone, what better place to look than a virus forum.

All imho, and best regards,
Alex

Last edited by flipside : 23.05.2009 at 09:40 AM.