View Single Post
Old 22.05.2009, 04:51 PM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by annikk.exe View Post
I think it's just not the "done" thing, to offer money for a patch. We all help each other make sounds for free here. It just seems weird to be told there is a price tag attached.
At one extreme, you might have people that join the board, ask for a patch for free, and then are never seen again without so much as a thankyou.

In this case, someone wished to offer an incentive to reward a potential skilled programmer who may normally keep their patches close to their chest or similar.

Of course those who have been here a while and have built up communcation and friendship, many people would fall over their heels to help for free as they know their work would be respected. I'm categorically not saying that new forumers should offer money for patches as a way to get them, but a few programmers may be wary.

Either way, if people are respectful in asking for patches, regardless of whether they were asking a favour for free or even for purchasing, and regardless of how new they are, then I don't have a problem with it. Luckily in these parts it's a free world. If someone wanted to trade a camel for a 303 patch, and another person could knock up a decent 303 patch and happened to require a camel, then I'm not going to stop them!

Understandably in this case the initial wording was slightly askew.