View Single Post
Old 08.05.2014, 01:26 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

I resample my virus b to my mpc to make dark twisty neuro basslines. There are a few different things to try, of course, here are a few suggestions.

Develop a patch thats one dirty detuned reese, and pay attention to the modulation routings. Record a really long single note into the sampler where you tweak and twist those knobs like a madman. Alter lfo rates and depths (especially to cutoff but not just that) until you get a good long sample filled with all sorts of everything (still just one note though).

Now, set your sampler to play a note as long as you hold a key, and then for every key or pad you have, set different start points in the big sample. So now when you mash away on your controller or pads you are hopping around in the sample. You can quickly try out lots of ideas this way and some kind of groove or pattern should click pretty quick. Don't forget you can use the pitch wheel or pitch individual bits of the sample. You'll probably want to add touches of eq and compression and adjust levels to even it out but this is the basics of how I go about it anyway.