View Single Post
Old 30.07.2013, 08:50 PM
Pro
Pro

Since this IS off-topic playground, thought to share this humane preventative that was shared with me that keeps your studio cat(s) or otherwise from even being tempted to chew even the best cable management.

It's so simple but it works! All you do is buy one of those small bottles of Tabasco Sauce and make a solution 1:1 with water, then take cotton balls dipped in it and then squeezed mostly, then simply wrap cotton ball around cables and quickly give them a coating. Like what mace and pepper spray is to humans, without the overt affects, only if an animal were to start to chew on cables, they simply are smart enough to not ever do it again with no harm done to animal and no, it does not stink-up your studio area.

Yes, this WAS none other than a Martha Stewart "tip" for power cords but I took it step further. HA! I have a Maine Coon Cat-Mix and they are incredibly smart cats with very unusual behavior and can be called kind of 'dog-like' in their antics. When I first got an MEK and was playing with headphones on and had just turned a bit to read Anu Kirk's, "Definitive Guide to the Evolver" that's in pdf on an e-reader, my cat did his "squirrel-cat thing" and stood only on hind legs with no other support and reached up and actually put his paw on high end key of MEK and since it was set to high note priority, it activated the sequence and did not scold him because thought it was really cool!
My digital camera's image size or resolution may be too large to post pic of him but will try. Too large! Will need to read the manual and see how to make smaller format. It's nothing like you have. Have a separate one that is a video camera by Kodak that actually has an audio line in and records video and audio various formats and onto micro SDHC and is quite a few steps above those 'Flip recorders' and plan to use it when eventually ready to perhaps post to YT and digital camera is a better Kodak one as well. To this date though, have not participated/joined likes of Facebook and a heavy dosage of military PTSD may very well be reason this has not appealed to me and am probably one of few humans in developed world that has no need for a so called Smart Phone, either. Yeah, I am as odd as my cat and we make a great team!