Thread: Gallup time!
View Single Post
Old 03.03.2003, 01:04 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

I have an ms2000r synth no kb. My indigo is my first. i put below average because I'm teaching myself. I consult a friend who's been playing for about 20 years. He can probably blow you all away, but it's not me. I'm developing something where I program the drums. Play a bass line till it sounds fine then I program that. Then I play the melody over that live, not programmed. It is usually more compicated than the bass keying. It usually is an eastern type scale, as my friend tells me, with a jazzy timing. I've played for less than a year, but I use what I've learned in middle school. This is mainly reading and understanding music, knowing what a C is for example. With the Indigo I play with only one hand. I find that the further I get from programming the better it sounds. But there is only so far I can go with the small kb and one handed playing.