View Single Post
Old 04.01.2004, 09:23 AM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur
unless you consider King Crimzon progressive
The late 60's and 70's Crimson is progressive rock at its best. In 80's it started to get strange fake-artistic psychedelia and in 90's it became more heavy than rock. Crimson is a very strange band in a way that it has always been changing. The lineup has changed atleast million times and every Crimson record is different. I love the first records and dislike the late productions. I'm a bit conservative prog rocker. Fripp is very innovative guitarist but it seems that the innovation got out of control and resulted as not-so-good art music.

Quote:
but certainly there is a big collection of classic sounds put to use by this bands.
Yes. I'm planning to start creating these classic sounds again on my Nord Modular. A bit easier task with that one than with Virus. For example some of Emerson's Moog Modular patches are really nasty to recreate properly on Virus, especially when there's complex filter routings used. For example the Hoedown intro fx patch (which is my dearest child) and two Tarkus patches in my Virus sound set are outcome of hours of listen & tweak.

Quote:
and from my experience wiyh Juho analyzing me a Pink-floyd sound you can definitely can trust him to find those sounds (even without his long gone but soon to be bought again Virus :lol: )
Well, that sound was so simple that it wasn't wery difficult to get right. Usually all Minimoog patches are magnificent examples of simplicity combined with great sound. There's two instruments on earth that fit in any kind of music: First one is Hammond B3 and second one is Minimoog.

I'll buy a Virus keyboard again when I can afford it. Probably will get a kD or Plague. Hoho.