View Single Post
Old 14.05.2009, 01:22 AM
New here
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortBus View Post
Ive been thinking polar because its a one stop shop and I can take it, a laptop and the apc 40(if it ever releases) and start doing live dance music but I also like being able to grab low bass and high leads on the fly with 61 keys. PS Love the new pic in the top right corner of the forum.
I had the same dilemma and ended up with the 61 key. I thought of the portability and my MacBook Pro looked super sexy next to the white / gray polar, never mind the compactness of the whole "system" working together.

However, when I really started jamming, I found it a bit of a hassle when running out of keys. So, I ended up with the 61 key and have the laptop resting on the "blank" side of the Ti2 (with protection and enough cooling for the laptop underneath - of course).

As Marc mentioned, the keys are also a little heavier, which disappointed me, at first, as I wasn't used to the feel. BUT, now I definitely prefer the heavier feel - even for fast synth arpeggios and stabs.

Also, I was surprised how amazing the Ti2 61 key version LOOKS. The color in person and the wood ends are WAY better than any internet photos. The metallic gray just sparkles in any light even though it's got a darkness to it. AWESOME!

My girlfriend (who loved the Polar when I rented it and didn't like the look of the original Virus Ti 61 key), LOVED the look of the Ti2 61 Key and even just from aesthetics is glad I made the switch.

I hope this non-technical perspective helps.