View Single Post
Old 02.06.2009, 10:27 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Default Aftertouch problem v3.0.3.00?

So I encountered a problem yesterday after I installed v3.0.3.00 on to my Virus, just wondering if anyone else can confirm this issue before I go assuming it's the update's fault.

I'm using Win XP, Cubase Studio 5, and VC v3.0.3.00 w/ my virus ti snow.

For some reason it is no longer receiving aftertouch from my midi controller (i set chan pressure in the matrix to affect a high pass filter in the particular patch i need the sweep effect for).

What's weird though is that I can automate aftertouch with any given midi file in Cubase, playback, and channel pressure works just fine with the virus. So it's not Cubase that's to blame.

Naturally my first inclination after restarting Cubase a few times and reloading VC was to try and see if my midi controller's kb crapped out, so I swapped out the controller w/ another one; same problem. Swapped USB cables; same problem. Aftertouch is set to on. So it's probably not my MIDI controller (Xboard25) that's the problem.

I've tried testing the chan pressure modulation on other patches in the virus, they all don't react anymore. So it's not a bad/corrupted patch in the Virus.

Finally, I tried removing VC from the equation entirely, and just directly connecting the midi out of my kb controller to the snow's midi in. Again, aftertouch still isn't doing anything. Definitely not Cubase.

Can anybody else just test a Virus TI patch w/ chan pressure set to modulate something in the matrix (using the newest OS of course) and see if it works?