Thread: TI click noises
View Single Post
Old 28.10.2005, 01:46 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Marc, I'd have to say there are clicks sometimes in the analog outs. It's not a full time thing just a config thing - which config I cant tell you. Mainly they happen for me if there is any combo between using the USB for midi and analog outs for audio. I think if you use a third party Asio for audio you might add to the chances. Plus if your like most PC producers you stress your ram / cpu / HD because that's what we do. This adds something to the priority of info going out to the virus via the USB. So not everyone gets the probs all the time because everybody has a WAY different PC and they use it WAY differently.

To even speculate that somehow there are a bunch of TIs out there with a hardware click in them sounds a bit naff to tell the truth.

On a possitive side: I've found working completely USB free just as rewarding as with my virus b (if not better due to synth engine upgrade) minus the patch changing hickups in SEQ MODE. Also working in fully USB / Virus Control mode with Virus Asio TOTALLY gratifying and have succesfully pumped out a tasty remix with 12 chanels of TI and two drum vsti synths. AS long as you don't touch the knobs on the TI - causes timing errors - I use the Virus Control for editing, and changing patches causes timing errors - I live with it. Apart from a few held notes when pressing stop, needing a bar before an arp to press play and arp edit not working it's 90% working.