The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002

The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forum.php)
-   Introduce yourself (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   hello!!! (http://www.infekted.org/virus/showthread.php?t=33643)

spooj 14.07.2013 10:14 AM

hello!!!

hi! my name is Russell. Im from Essex in the UK and i have not long owned a new TI2 keyboard.
i write music for tv and film as my fulltime job, so adding in a TI2 was a big step towards honing a real individual sound, as 99% of us are mainly just using all vst based sample libs etc I searched around all the forums and music tech sites for info before making this purchase, so you guys have already helped me out in a big way.

thank you !!!

Fordy 15.07.2013 01:43 PM

Hi Spooj, welcome to the forums :)

spooj 15.07.2013 06:35 PM

thanks mate!!!

TweakHead 15.07.2013 08:24 PM

welcome! how are you liking your virus?

spooj 17.07.2013 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TweakHead (Post 303520)
welcome! how are you liking your virus?

i adore it i really do. its a tad frustrating that it leans so heavily on trance and dub etc, but im writing all my own patches for use in tv and film ,so its extremely powerful and versatile. doesnt seem to be much it cannot do.

its one of two pieces of gear i think ill never part with, the other being the Moog LP.
my only true gripe?? the lack of full USB2 transfer protocol. if this was working at USB2 or even 3 speeds, i think id have kittens lol. but i guess im in a long line of patiently waiting TI owners huh.
i have a completely reserved USB port for this, so its running pretty well. just a tiny bit of latency but with all my tweaks in place, i think its as tight as it will get right now.
but still. what an amazing unique synth. i LOVE my ti2.

feedingear 18.07.2013 03:12 AM

Hey mate, awesome to see another composer on here. Taking a listen to your soundcloud now. I just uploaded a new game score folio on my feeding ear account that uses a fair bit of TI along with Massive, Omnisphere, if you would like a listen.

spooj 18.07.2013 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by feedingear (Post 303535)
Hey mate, awesome to see another composer on here. Taking a listen to your soundcloud now. I just uploaded a new game score folio on my feeding ear account that uses a fair bit of TI along with Massive, Omnisphere, if you would like a listen.

just listened to your game folio, some very impressive and unique sounding tracks!! really great stuff. production is lovely.

feedingear 18.07.2013 09:35 AM

thank you for listening. ill definitely be following up your stuff and having a more indepth listen again later - trailer themes and some of the corporates had very clean and tight mixes which i can imagine translating really well on TV systems.

TweakHead 18.07.2013 02:09 PM

yep, offers a lot in just one unit! not many things like that.

Shambler 19.07.2013 10:11 AM

Welcome spooj!

I have very limited workspace here so any piece of kit I have must have a unique high quality sound character, a virus fits the bill nicely.