The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002

The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forum.php)
-   General discussion about Access Virus (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   TIOS 3.3.0.00 Beta is out (64 bit support!!) (http://www.infekted.org/virus/showthread.php?t=31579)

HUEY 01.10.2009 11:20 AM

TIOS 3.3.0.00 Beta is out (64 bit support!!)

About TIOS 3.3.0.0 Public Beta
--------------
This is a public beta which includes experimental support for Windows Vista (32 bit and 64 bit), Windows 7 (32 bit and 64 bit), MacOS 10.6 (32 and 64
bit). It shouldn't be used in a productive environment.
Supported operating systems:
- Windows XP SP2 (32 bit and 64 bit)
- Windows XP SP3 (32 bit and 64 bit)
- Windows Vista (32 bit and 64 bit)
- Windows 7 (32 bit and 64 bit)
Not supported:
- Windows server versions are not supported
Limitations:
The 64 bit versions do not support RTAS
Known issues:
- Occasional crash when re-installing or uninstalling the Virus TI Software Suite while a Virus TI is switched on and connected
Other resolved issues:

-DR: Audio input on Mac distorts (fixed)

Cheers

additive 01.10.2009 01:46 PM

woohoo! :) it's working!

TheHobbit 01.10.2009 04:38 PM

Fantastic news - W7 64 Ultimate on its way so waiting to hear how people get on, any glitches and progess...

...T H A N K Y O U Access :mrgreen:

sdrr00 01.10.2009 06:12 PM

link? theres no info on access website?

shaneynclan 01.10.2009 06:22 PM

is this release stable?

HUEY 01.10.2009 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdrr00 (Post 293576)
link? theres no info on access website?

No info yet, but you can download it in the download section

br

HUEY 01.10.2009 06:36 PM

and the link:
http://www.access-music.de/page/rend...ml?id=1&cat=19

Cheers

HUEY 01.10.2009 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shaneynclan (Post 293577)
is this release stable?

It's a little bit early to say now I think
It's in the air for just a couple of hours

Try it out, it's beta you can always go back.

br

Alakhai 01.10.2009 07:04 PM

wooooo yeah! gj Access guys, I knew you would have done it in a short time! :D

ok now I can start thinking about my new desktop pc

fgimian 01.10.2009 09:52 PM

AWESOME!!!!!!! :) This is freaking great news, I am currently running Windows 7 x64 and Windows XP for my DAW, hopefully I can make it 7x64 all way round soon.

I'll be trying this very soon.

Thanks for keeping us in the know guys :)

fgimian 01.10.2009 09:52 PM

AWESOME!!!!!!! :) This is freaking great news, I am currently running Windows 7 x64 and Windows XP for my DAW, hopefully I can make it 7x64 all way round soon.

I'll be trying this very soon.

Thanks for keeping us in the know guys :)

suzzymackenzie 02.10.2009 07:25 AM

I have only a sketchy understanding of computer architecture. Evidently enabling Virus to take advantage of 64 bit processing is a Really Good Thing, but I would love for someone to explain what the implications are for Virus performance and/or music production more generally.

Suzzy :)

Alakhai 02.10.2009 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzzymackenzie (Post 293590)
I have only a sketchy understanding of computer architecture. Evidently enabling Virus to take advantage of 64 bit processing is a Really Good Thing, but I would love for someone to explain what the implications are for Virus performance and/or music production more generally.

64 bit architecture enables you to use more RAM, more horsepower on the cpu etc. etc., more everything :D

ni-cad 02.10.2009 03:14 PM

Are there any improvements on the latency issues?

Am I right that the Virus is fitted only with USB 1 and that this is the main reason for the latency problems? Will this new driver help?

shaneynclan 02.10.2009 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HUEY (Post 293580)
It's a little bit early to say now I think
It's in the air for just a couple of hours

Try it out, it's beta you can always go back.

br

fair enough.

ni-cad 02.10.2009 08:21 PM

The physical knobs and keyboard on the Virus wont work at all, is this a bug or user error?

I'm running XP 64.

Acidman 02.10.2009 09:30 PM

There seem to have come alot of new patches. Iäm still using 2.7.5. Should I install a newer, if yes which one is stable? I read so many have problems with the new ones I always wait.

emdebee 03.10.2009 01:13 AM

Thanks Access... finally a version that actually works as expected with my problematic projects! Arps/Envs start on time and in phase, quantised notes sound quantised! Sounds much tighter! It's only taken 2 years... ;)

Now it's time to start using my TI again...

rudewave 03.10.2009 11:28 AM

I can't install that beta... when i run installation it says "Virus TI currently does not support 64 bit operating systems". I have XP SP2 64 bit. Somebody else??

Guzzy 03.10.2009 07:42 PM

Update failure

I got the same problem with this update, the installer program for Windows(both XP 32-bit, and VISTA 64-bit) is finished before the Virus TI is upgraded (frezze on OS update in progress). Must fix the Virus TI by also upgrade it from my Mac.

Natspace 07.10.2009 10:18 AM

I will test it on Windows 7 64 Bit, but before i wait for my copy of Cubase 5 i bought yesterday!

KEMIK 09.10.2009 04:02 PM

My God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wildbill 10.10.2009 04:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzzymackenzie (Post 293590)

In my case, my computer died, I got a new one that had Vista 64 installed and couldn't use Virus Control for about 8 months. I didn't use the TI much during that time because I've gotten so used to using VC from within Cubase.

I tried to post at the Access site, but I'm having trouble getting in there, so I'll put my comments here.

Thanks Access!

This has been the quickest, most trouble free OS install I've had with any of my Virus units. For the time I've been using it, I haven't run into any problems so far (got my fingers crossed still though).
Anyways - I'm very happy to have a 'fully functional' TI again.

pacomac 10.10.2009 09:22 AM

I've not been able to install the new version on 32bit version of Windows 7.

The installation should go as follows:

1) Run the installation.
2) Prompted to connect the Virus
3) Prompted to remove the Virus
4) Prompted to reconnect the Virus
5) Say NO to install another driver.

What actually happens is:

1) Run the installation.
3) Say NO to install another driver.

So the 'Install another Device' type dialog appears before the previous dialog has finished and if I say NO the whole driver installation is cancelled. It is as though the 'Install another Device' code is in a thread waiting for the main driver installation to complete, but gets it totally wrong.

P.S. I'm using an Intel i7 in a Gigabyte EX58-UD5 motherboard with Hyperthreading enabled.

Anyone else have this problem?

wildbill 10.10.2009 02:04 PM

Did you try saying 'Yes' to install another driver?

Mine went so smoothly on Vista 64 that I don't even remember what I did. I didn't plug/unplug my Virus at all - just clicked a couple on screen prompts.

wildbill 10.10.2009 07:36 PM

Sussy - AFAIK, there is no advantage of 64 bits that applies specifically to the Virus. The only difference 64 bit processing might have is from within your DAW - basically more headroom.

pacomac 10.10.2009 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildbill (Post 293702)
Did you try saying 'Yes' to install another driver?

Mine went so smoothly on Vista 64 that I don't even remember what I did. I didn't plug/unplug my Virus at all - just clicked a couple on screen prompts.

Yes, but that didn't work either. In the end I gave up and installed Windows 7 64bit and the Virus 64bit driver installed fine. So there appears to be an issue installing the 32bit driver on Windows 7 32bit.

sdrr00 10.10.2009 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pacomac (Post 293699)
I've not been able to install the new version on 32bit version of Windows 7.

The installation should go as follows:

1) Run the installation.
3) Prompted to remove the Virus
4) Prompted to reconnect the Virus
5) Say NO to install another driver.

What actually happens is:

1) Run the installation.
3) Say NO to install another driver.

So the 'Install another Device' type dialog appears before the previous dialog has finished and if I say NO the whole driver installation is cancelled. It is as though the 'Install another Device' code is in a thread waiting for the main driver installation to complete, but gets it totally wrong.

P.S. I'm using an Intel i7 in a Gigabyte EX58-UD5 motherboard with Hyperthreading enabled.

Anyone else have this problem?

the new 3.3.0 beta drivers are for Windows 64-bit only...

- the 32-bit 3.3.0 beta driver is for 64-bit Windows running a 32-bit version of Virus Control in a 32/64-bit DAW

- the 64-bit 3.3.0 beta driver is for 64-bit Windows running a 64-bit version of Virus Control in a 64-bit DAW

the 32/64-bit title refers to the PLUGIN bit architecture, not the OS architecture.

wildbill 11.10.2009 03:12 AM

I just did one download and install and both 32 and 64 bit drivers showed up in the correct folders.

TheHobbit 13.10.2009 07:16 PM

Received my retail copy of W7 from microsft. Installed W7Ultimate 64bit with Cubase5 32/64 both appear to be working fine - great timing from Access.

SimonStokes 16.10.2009 11:43 AM

Could someone please post a direct link to this download? I can't register on the Access site as the registration form goes off the bottom of my screen! Never been able to use Virus Control so I am super excited about this! Plus, my Virus will be arriving back after being repaired in about 1 hour...woohooooo!

Timo 16.10.2009 12:50 PM

Hi Si, welcome to the forums!

Unfortunately I think registration is essential to download the OSs from Access' site.

If you have an alternative browser like Firefox or Chrome you could perhaps try one of those?

rapapar 16.10.2009 01:15 PM

Excellent!
I just install W7 64 on my computer, next I install the virus and it work only on 32bit! shit!! so I go on access web site and what I see, this new 64bit version!!! yyyyyyyyaaaaa!!!! I'm happy lol

I install cubase 4 on my new system and the last virus driver

Big problem to install the 3.3.0.0 on the TI but after many time it's now ok

When I remove the virus driver I have a blue screen (but it's written in the issue of the change log)

In cubase I dont see the vsti ... strange

Do I need a 64bit of cubase to run the 64bit virus control?

tks

SimonStokes 16.10.2009 01:56 PM

Thanks for the response Timo - I actually managed to get registered eventually - I had to hold control and use the mouse wheel to make everything tiny, then I could fill it all in! Crazy..

Quote:

Originally Posted by rapapar (Post 293828)

Make sure you that when you are installing, you have both "Virus Control 32-Bit" and "Virus Control 64 bit" selected to install!

Cheers.. :D

SimonStokes 16.10.2009 02:54 PM

WARNING: Whilst updating the firmware on the Virus, the software came up and said that it was done, and to click finished. Since the Virus still said updating on the screen, I left it for around an hour. It was still stuck at the same updating screen so I tried to run the software again. No joy, so I pulled the plug on the Virus.

It's totally buggered now - the light above the Transpose buttons doesn't even come on when the unit is plugged in...any suggestions? Only got back from repair today!

Be careful!

TheHobbit 16.10.2009 04:44 PM

Quote:

WARNING: Whilst updating the firmware on the Virus, the software came up and said that it was done, and to click finished. Since the Virus still said updating on the screen, I left it for around an hour. It was still stuck at the same updating screen so I tried to run the software again. No joy, so I pulled the plug on the Virus.

It's totally buggered now - the light above the Transpose buttons doesn't even come on when the unit is plugged in...any suggestions? Only got back from repair today!

Be careful!
Have you tried updating with the Virus in update mode...hard resetting the virus unit. Haven't had any problems with this since the pre 3.00 beta releases and now running the latest bios beta on W& no problems.

SimonStokes 16.10.2009 05:04 PM

Basically, I had to pull the plug for 30s and remove all audio cables, and turn the unit back on holding the Exit button, putting it into update mode. The 64 bit drivers wouldn't see the Virus when it was already in update mode - it would just say "Scanning for TIs...".

So, I had to go to my 32 bit laptop, install 3.2 again...fine. Tried 3.3 64 bit again, same issue. Then tried 3.3 32 bit - same issue again. Going back to 3.2 until it's fixed - not sure how Access manage to bugger something as stupid as the installer for a firmware update - that should be fundamentally stable!

Anyhoo, I'll wait again - glad that some progress is being made on the 64 bit front though. Hope other people have more success...

wildbill 16.10.2009 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rapapar (Post 293828)

tks

The Cubase version you're using should match the Virus OS version you're using 32->32; 64->64.

I suppose you could use 32 Virus with 64 Cubase by going through the VST bridge, but there's no need to do that really - that's what the 64 bit Virus OS is for.

fgimian 16.10.2009 11:41 PM

Just a tip folks, I had the same problem where the installer finishes but the Virus is still updating. Personally, I just opened the Virus Centre software and did the update from there which worked correctly.

Hopefully Access can fix this, it has only been an issue in the newer drivers, also affecting XP.

rapapar 17.10.2009 11:36 AM

soundpalace I do the same thing it's working, no hard reboot needed like that
just retry install 3.3.0.0 many time and it finish by working lol