The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002

The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forum.php)
-   The forum members' music (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forumdisplay.php?f=112)
-   -   Something I worked on.... (http://www.infekted.org/virus/showthread.php?t=25935)

jasedee 15.10.2005 07:43 AM

Something I worked on....

Well.....usually I post some folky hippy stuff that I recorded....so here is something that I actually wrote.

It is still in it's infancy, and not alot of work gone into it, and TBH, Im not quite sure if it is too cliched and typical. I know someone here will give me an honest answer to that question.

Oh, by the by, ignore the sterotypical underlying jungle loop. It is overused and should be replaced.

Any feedback/comments appreciated

DnB sketch

Tomer=Trance 15.10.2005 08:02 AM

sounds a bit loungy,if in that direction you are heading you must have some big rhods suitcase chords. maybe a bit of analog pad in the backround aswell.
i belive the drum beat needs some more punch,how about compressor squashing or maybea bit of pumping. :wink:

jasedee 15.10.2005 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomer=Trance
sounds a bit loungy,if in that direction you are heading you must have some big rhods suitcase chords. maybe a bit of analog pad in the backround aswell.

Yah...I wasnt going for anything too hard. More of a cruisy track

Quote:

i belive the drum beat needs some more punch,how about compressor squashing or maybea bit of pumping. :wink:
I always have some trouble with drum programming, it's not my strong point.

Thanks for listening Tomer

Hollowcell 16.10.2005 12:09 AM

I like it Jase.

Cool laid back kinda track. Not overpowering and pretty groovy.

The mix sat pretty well in my headphones, but I do have a few gripes....

The beats were cool, but as Tommer said they needed a little more punch. I'd probably start by layering a new snare, adding a gate and some verb (gated verb) to the high end, then a touch of compression to that kick. Over all the rythm structure fit really well though.

As far as everything else went. It fit well and have no complaints. :D

Nice work.

Panopticon 16.10.2005 04:29 AM

Dude, it's cool. Um, if I were doing it I'd ditch the electric piano halfway through and throw in some guitar wah chicks with a ton of delay, but you know me, I'm a guitar guy through and through.

That rising portamento pad thingy (technical term) or whatever it is sounds really good, it was my favorite texture in the piece. I thought the bass might also like to get dirtied up towards the end.

But overall it's sounding really good- I like it.

MADSTATION 16.10.2005 05:27 AM

Overall I really enjoyed the track :)
I would ditch the electric piano and either go for a guitar type thing like Panopticon said or try some more orchestral settings to give it more of a movie score edge.

Anyway, really cool stuff!

jasedee 16.10.2005 07:50 AM

Cheers for the feedback fellas!

Some great constructive criticism there....

I have a whole bunch of these mini tracks floating around and Im trying to sort out which ones have potential and I should work on, and which ones to send into digital hell.

Im a guitar guy too! So I might just strap on the fender and get nasty on this track!

:)

~+? 21.01.2006 10:35 PM

It?s good. Tip for the drums, to make them more interesting get about 4 different sounding snare samples and layer up some alternate patterns. You could do loads with it, like add some double bass funk. Add some "Glissando" for added sparkles to your Intel dn-b fills. You finished this tune yet? :wink:

jasedee 22.01.2006 02:46 AM

I had to shelve this one because of my trip to Nepal/Tibet...

Back at home now, so might try to revive this, not sure though.

Thanks for the tips Re: The drums

:)