The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002

The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forum.php)
-   Sound designing (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forumdisplay.php?f=104)
-   -   Fat Bassline ? la New Order, Public Domain, Voodoo & Ser (http://www.infekted.org/virus/showthread.php?t=26625)

Payne 16.02.2006 04:05 PM

Fat Bassline ? la New Order, Public Domain, Voodoo & Ser

Hi,
now I'm a happy Virus B owner and I'm able to produce a lot of sounds that I've heard in popular trance & techno songs, but there's this FAT Bassline in New Order - Confusion (Blade 1), Voodoo & Serano - Blood is pumping (Blade 2), Public Domain - Operation Blade etc. and I have no idea what type of sound it is. FM? Distortion? Overdrive? No idea!

Any suggestions? Here I've sampled the bassline.

Thank you & greets from Austria!

Tomer=Trance 16.02.2006 06:04 PM

the sound is done by a tb303 run thru some kind of undestructive overdrive pedal.

Smag 16.02.2006 07:47 PM

Yeah, just a simple 303 with distortion - very effective though and confusion is a great track.

Payne 16.02.2006 08:33 PM

Overdrive? Distortion? There's a difference and it must be a special overdrive or distortion, because I've tried some plugins and pedals and they didn't sound like that. I don't believe that it doesn't matter if I use a 303's Saw or a Virus, I think the Overdrive or Distortion is the determining factor.

Any ideas?

...tell me if I've written Austrish :)

The girl next door 16.02.2006 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Payne
Overdrive? Distortion? There's a difference and it must be a special overdrive or distortion, because I've tried some plugins and pedals and they didn't sound like that. I don't believe that it doesn't matter if I use a 303's Saw or a Virus, I think the Overdrive or Distortion is the determining factor.

Any ideas?

...tell me if I've written Austrish :)

Try this VST effect Plugin... Scarbee Vintage Keyboard FX (it has Overdrive on it)...It can really Mash up your sounds..

The girl next door 16.02.2006 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The girl next door
Try this VST effect Plugin... Scarbee Vintage Keyboard FX (it has Overdrive on it)...It can really Mash up your sounds..

i've just been trying it out,i think its what you want.......

Tomer=Trance 17.02.2006 05:19 AM

accualy its a square wave and yes it does makes a difference what kind of filter you are using,in this case a 18db\3 pole lowpass is the filter of choice in the tb303. the overdrive pedal does count aswell.
you should look for a gear list of public domain or maybe email them asking about this sound.

The girl next door 17.02.2006 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomer=Trance
or maybe email them asking about this sound.

Your having a laugh ain't you..I've mailed People before with the same questions....Do you think i got an answer??

Tomer=Trance 17.02.2006 10:00 AM

why not,if their not complete assholes they will gladly answer.
i know i would.

jonbon 20.02.2006 06:25 AM

i think EQ is an important piece of the pussle aswell!