The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002

The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forum.php)
-   Sound designing (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forumdisplay.php?f=104)
-   -   Secret Virus Tricks you love to use !!! (http://www.infekted.org/virus/showthread.php?t=30954)

Monobeat 07.05.2009 04:58 PM

Secret Virus Tricks you love to use !!!

Let's share little tid bits about which oscillator/ filters we like, different combinations, clever modulation routings. Let's get into that forum groove of creativity that we all know and love... <3 <3

I've been modulating the wavetable selection with synced LFO's lately... on trippy pad's it's great...

Anyone else?

FFoxX 07.05.2009 06:12 PM

saw osc >> 12 dB band pass filter (resonance 63) modulated by slow LFO >> hard distortion or wave shaper >> phaser with high feedback

Splat! 07.05.2009 09:06 PM

I've been doing the same routing Mono :mrgreen: Amazing pads!
Most of the presets available use only the classic standard OSC's
Why waste the Graintables and the wavetables :confused:

Also, been maxing out the Mod Matrix by routing randomly :mrgreen: Some interesting results, but none of it is structured or thought of. :rolleyes:
________
Honda Civic Si picture

Monobeat 07.05.2009 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FFoxX (Post 289802)
saw osc >> 12 dB band pass filter (resonance 63) modulated by slow LFO >> hard distortion or wave shaper >> phaser with high feedback

Modulating the cutoff or resonance?

Crossfire 08.05.2009 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monobeat (Post 289799)

I've been modulating the wavetable selection with synced LFO's lately... on trippy pad's it's great...

That is very cool especially using S&G as the LFO waveform. And some distortion.

Thanks for the tip!

gjvti 08.05.2009 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monobeat (Post 289799)
Let's share little tid bits about which oscillator/ filters we like, different combinations, clever modulation routings. Let's get into that forum groove of creativity that we all know and love... <3 <3

Anyone else?

Well, I once tried wavetable modulation with pitch wheel on OS2.5 or 2.7 (don't remember which one) - sounded good, but not lasted long - my TI desktop crashed very badly after few seconds and hapily recovered just after turning off power. Haven't tried this on OS3 yet.

Yornav 19.05.2009 07:56 PM

I hug it, and especialy on sundays I feed it power, all day long!:mrgreen:

annikk.exe 22.05.2009 01:06 PM

A really cool trick I've used on a bass sound recently was to set the matrix to increase the [Triangle Mode] FM Amount, Distortion Amount, and Filter Cutoff (very slightly) by turning up the Mod wheel.

This means you can use the mod wheel to create expressive "scream" parts during the bassline, where the bass sound opens up and literally sounds like it's screaming. In a sort of bass-y fashion.

I find this technique particularly handy when I'm writing songs and some of the notes seem to sit behind the mix a little more than others. That could just be the shitty acoustics in my room I suppose, but I notice a similar problem on headphones and this routing helps to fix it...

-Annikk

tricky 22.05.2009 01:50 PM

A really usefull trick i learnt was to turn the volume dial up from zero, i discovered this trick after nearly 2 hours investigating as to why there was no sound coming out of my virus, that damm weed.

Prime NL 22.05.2009 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tricky (Post 290447)
A really usefull trick i learnt was to turn the volume dial up from zero, i discovered this trick after nearly 2 hours investigating as to why there was no sound coming out of my virus, that damm weed.

Hahaha....LOL... :D

This is the best trick i ever heard... ;)
(plus also know it from my own experience...hehehe)