The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002

The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forum.php)
-   Sound designing (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forumdisplay.php?f=104)
-   -   Virus C vs. JP-8000 supersaw (http://www.infekted.org/virus/showthread.php?t=24237)

Rokka 10.02.2004 03:25 PM

Virus C vs. JP-8000 supersaw

Hi,

has anybody managed to recreate the famous SuperSaw of the JP-8000, when it is widely detuned?

When you use it in JP, it's like detuning 7 saws (cf Roland's Manual). But when you use 7 voices int the Virus fully detuned, it doesn't sound the same... :cry:

Machinegunjoe 11.02.2004 05:50 AM

Its not possible with the Virus, sorry

*Waiting for juhos responce when he says thats its possible cuz the virus is a VA, and what one VA can do...then he'll go on saying that the supersaw lead sucks and that he could create it on his virus...but as always he doesn't do it(since he can't) then he goes bla bla Jp sux bla bla trance sux bla bla*

Juho L 11.02.2004 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Machinegunjoe
*Waiting for juhos responce when he says thats its possible cuz the virus is a VA, and what one VA can do...then he'll go on saying that the supersaw lead sucks and that he could create it on his virus...but as always he doesn't do it(since he can't) then he goes bla bla Jp sux bla bla trance sux bla bla*

Indeed! Actually I probably even don't have to write anything here since it's quite obvious what I'm going to write. ?hhihi.

hatembr 11.02.2004 09:51 AM

try to use all the oscs (all the 3), detune the osc2 and 3 and add UNISON... may be that should be closer. Pressing 7 keys at the same time won't do the job i think

hatembr 11.02.2004 09:53 AM

................... or get one fo those JP emulators :)

ipaqlinux48 11.02.2004 11:08 AM

Well, if you own a nord modular, you can create a supersaw. I'v tried it and you could barely hear the difference between an original JP-8000 supersaw and an emulated supersaw on a nord modular.

Tomer=Trance 11.02.2004 11:20 AM

im realy interested in the nord modular
saving up for it at the moment
will take about six month to get the amount of money for a second hand desktop or kb but anyway
could you post a sample somewhere please? would be interesting to hear

thanx,Tomer.

Juho L 11.02.2004 11:55 AM

Could someone post a mp3 of plain supersaw sound?

pDc 11.02.2004 01:53 PM

Rokka,

Someone on here posted a patch of the Cygnus X / Rank1 supersaw sound. Look for that... it's quite nice.

Even better (imho) is the "Superpads" tutorial on www.trance.nu (tutorials page). Check that out.

As for a dry supersaw sound, I have a ZIP file of supersaw WAVs at different notes. I will upload it to my webspace if you're interested, Juho.

Paul

Juho L 11.02.2004 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pDc
As for a dry supersaw sound, I have a ZIP file of supersaw WAVs at different notes. I will upload it to my webspace if you're interested, Juho.

Ok. Thanks.