The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002

The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forum.php)
-   General discussion about music production (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   High latency (http://www.infekted.org/virus/showthread.php?t=24486)

Jade 19.06.2004 09:07 AM

High latency

Hello!

I've got a bad soundcard: SB Audigy 2 platinum. High latency and so on... :? I want to buy a new soundcard but have to wait until autumn. How do you do to fix the latency?

//Jade

Juho L 19.06.2004 09:20 AM

KX Audio drivers.

Ash 19.06.2004 06:57 PM

I dont have any problems with my Audigy 2 platinum ex.. :/

Smag 21.06.2004 12:45 PM

It's not a very good soundcard for making tunes with - full stop. I had one and the latency made working with VST instruments almost impossible. I didn't try the latency compensation drivers however, I just got an Audiophile 2496 which I find is much better. The Sounblaster Audigy Platinum is really geared toward DVD and multimedian stuff.

Jade 07.07.2004 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smag
The Sounblaster Audigy Platinum is really geared toward DVD and multimedian stuff.

I know, I know, I know... but when I bought the soundcard I had not decided whether I wanted to use my computer or record in a studio. But I've heard of these soundcards that are connected through fire-wire. Can you use these for music production?

Drammy 08.07.2004 08:06 AM

You can. Which one are you particularly interested in?

Jade 11.07.2004 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martynreid
You can. Which one are you particularly interested in?

I'm not sure if Audiotrak had Maya through fire-wire, I know that they have it with a connection to USB.

But I know that M-Audio have two soundcards connected with fire-wire: Firewire 410 (I think that's the most expensive) and Firewire Audiophile.

Then there's ESI Quatafire 610, but I'm not sure of that one.

jasedee 12.07.2004 11:14 AM

I would tell you to seriously consider one of the new MOTU interfaces....A bit on the expensive side, but basically, the better quality A/D converters you have, the better quality your audio will be...... I have the 2408mk3 and it is great! 24 channels of ADAT/TDIF, and 8 analogue I/O, and S/PDIF. They have one that is firewire too, the 828 if I remember correctly. Or why dont you just get an MBox? Then you get 'Tools as well.

Cheers,

Jase

Jade 12.07.2004 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jasedee
I would tell you to seriously consider one of the new MOTU interfaces....A bit on the expensive side, but basically, the better quality A/D converters you have, the better quality your audio will be...... I have the 2408mk3 and it is great! 24 channels of ADAT/TDIF, and 8 analogue I/O, and S/PDIF. They have one that is firewire too, the 828 if I remember correctly. Or why dont you just get an MBox? Then you get 'Tools as well.

Cheers,

Jase

Thanks for the tip! So how do you change this topic to solved?